Saturday, February 27, 2010

An excellent patent database roundup via Patent Librarian's Notebook

I came across Queen's University (Kingston, Ontario) librarian Michael White's excellent review of updates, additions, and changes to major online patent databases while I was gathering information to write a post about Patent Lens that I'm no longer going to write.*

I tend to focus mostly on the USPTO's web databases, but this is a reminder that there are plenty of other resources out there. I'd urge any patent searcher to give any of the databases mentioned in this post a try.

*True confession: I always check his excellent Patent Librarian's Notebook to see if he's reviewed a site before I go ahead with my post. Lazy blogging, perhaps, but also efficient information dissemination, right?

No comments: